Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM
Identify CPE carriers with the BD MAXTM directly from swabs
Covers the clinically most prevalent carbapenemases - KPC, OXA-48, VIM and NDM - including the emerging OXA-181 variant.
- Quick screening directly from rectal swabs helps end unnecessary patient isolation sooner
- Detect KPC, OXA-48, VIM and NDM, including OXA-181
- Identify the carbapenemase type: receive extra information for infection control and epidemiology
An accurate and rapid method to detect KPC, OXA-48, VIM and NDM genes directly from a rectal screening swab.
- Carbapenemase target genes*KPC, OXA-48, VIM, NDM
- Sample preparation, Amplification and Detection
BD MAXTM System
- Controls included
Sample Processing Control (SPC)
*KPC-2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25; OXA-48, 48b, 162, 163, 181, 204, 232, 244, 245, 370; VIM-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47; NDM-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.
- Add 25 μl rectal swab specimen contained in transport medium to a Sample Buffer Tube
- Vortex 10 seconds
BD MAXTM rack setup
- Position 1:DNA extraction BD Exk-1 Reagent tube (white seal)
- Position 2: leave empty
- Position 3: CPE Screen reagent tube (blue seal) +12.5 μl CP Mastermix (included in kit)
Please note: BD MAX DNA MMK Master Mix (Ref: 442848) is not compatible for use with Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM.
Proceed with the BD MAXTM instrument setup, as specified in the user manual.
Please refer to the full protocol in the user manual when performing this assay.
Test rectal swabs directly
Identify CPE carriers in specific risk groups. Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM is performed directly from rectal swabs.
The most clinically prevalent carbapenemases, including OXA-181
Detect the most clinically prevalent carbapenemases, including emerging variants such as OXA-181. Information on the type of carbapenemase present – KPC, OXA-48-like and VIM and NDM – yields extra information for epidemiology.
End unnecessary patient isolation sooner
Rapid and accurate results help you end unnecessary patient isolation sooner. Stay up-to-date, stay in control.
Learn more about the technology behind our Check-Direct multiplex real-time PCR assays here
- Op Den Buijs I et al. Molecular screening for ESBL and carbapenemase during a prevalence study in two Dutch hospitals. Presented at: 26th ECCMID, 9-12 April 2016, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Otter J, Goldenberg S, Walker C, Patel A, Edgeworth J, Ahanonu C, Tosas Auguet O, Querol-Rubiera A, Girdham S, Bisnauthsing K. Universal admission screening for CRE using PCR detects 14-fold more carriers than agar-based methods at a London hospital. Presented at: 25th ECCMID, 25-28 April 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark.
For countries outside of the United States and the Netherlands (as of 1 August 2016):
| BD Catalog Number
||Check-Points Catalog Number||Description|
|278100||18-0051||Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM kit, 24 reactions|
For the Netherlands:
|Check-Points Catalog Number||Description|
|18-0051||Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM kit, 24 reactions|
Please note: BD MAX DNA MMK Master Mix (Ref: 442848) is not compatible for use with Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM. Instead please use the "CP Mastermix" included in the Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM kit.
The following additional reagents and consumables are to be purchased from your local BD representative:
- BD MAX ExKTM DNA-1 Extraction kit (Ref:442818)
- BD MAX PCR Cartridges (Ref: 437519)
Other Check-Points solutions
EU: For in vitro Diagnostic Use.
US: For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
BD MAXTM is a trademark of Becton, Dickinson and Company. This product is sold under license from PHRI Properties patent right only for human in vitro diagnostics, food testing, veterinary testing, or research.