Check-Direct ESBL Screen for BD MAXTM
Quickly screen for ESBLs with the BD MAXTM directly from swabs
Fully compatible with Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM so that you can get all the answers you need at once. Prevention starts early.
- Run in parallel with Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM, to detect ESBLs and carbapenemases simultaneously
- Quick screening directly from rectal swabs helps end unnecessary patient isolation sooner
- Identify the ESBL type: receive extra information for infection control and epidemiology
Rectal swab, culture
- ESBL target genes
CTX-M-1 group, CTX-M-2 group, CTX-M-9 group, SHV-ESBL
- Sample preparation, Amplification and Detection
BD MAXTM System
- Controls included
Sample Processing Control (SPC)
• CTX-M-1 group
• CTX-M-2 group
• CTX-M-9 group
Sample preparation: rectal swabs
- Add 25 μl rectal swab specimen contained in transport medium to a Sample Buffer Tube
- Vortex 10 seconds
BD MAXTM rack setup
- Position 1: DNA extraction BD Exk-1 Reagent tube (white seal)
- Position 2: leave empty
- Position 3: ESBL Screen reagent tube (orange seal) +12.5 μl CP Mastermix (included in kit)
Please note: BD MAX DNA MMK Master Mix (Ref: 442848) is not compatible for use with Check-Direct ESBL Screen for BD MAXTM.
Proceed with the BD MAXTM instrument setup, as specified in the user manual.
Please refer to the full protocol in the user manual when performing this assay.
Run in parallel with Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM
Detect ESBLs and carbapenemases simultaneously. Check-Direct ESBL Screen for BD MAXTM and Check-Direct CPE Screen for BD MAXTM can by run side by side in the same rack.
Test rectal swabs directly
Identify ESBL carriers in specific risk groups. Check-Direct ESBL Screen for BD MAXTM is performed directly from rectal swabs.
Identify the ESBL type
Detect the most clinically prevalent ESBLs. Information on the type of ESBL present – CTX-M-1 group, CTX-M-2 group, CTX-M-9 group and SHV ESBL – yields extra information for epidemiology.
End unnecessary patient isolation sooner
Rapid and accurate results help you end unnecessary patient isolation sooner. Stay up-to-date, stay in control.
Learn more about the technology behind our Check-Direct multiplex real-time PCR assays here
- Op Den Buijs I et al. Molecular screening for ESBL and carbapenemase during a prevalence study in two Dutch hospitals. Presented at: 26th ECCMID, 9-12 April 2016, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
|18-0066||Check-Direct ESBL Screen for BD MAXTM kit, 24 reactions|
Please note: BD MAX DNA MMK Master Mix (Ref: 442848) is not compatible for use with Check-Direct ESBL Screen for BD MAXTM. Instead please use the "CP Mastermix" included in the Check-Direct ESBL Screen for BD MAXTM kit (Cat. no. 18-0066).
The following additional reagents and consumables are to be purchased from your local BD representative:
- BD MAX ExKTM DNA-1 Extraction kit (Ref:442818)
- BD MAX PCR Cartridges (Ref: 437519)
Other Check-Points solutions
EU: For in vitro Diagnostic Use.
US: For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
BD MAXTM is a trademark of Becton, Dickinson and Company. This product is sold under license from PHRI Properties patent right only for human in vitro diagnostics, food testing, veterinary testing, or research.