One accurate test for all clinically prevalent types
Detect carbapenemases or ESBLs with high sensitivity and specificity
Objective results in 4.5 hours
No need for time-consuming interpretation
Use in your Real-Time labflow
Assays utilize existing Real-Time equipment and a standard thermal profile
How it works
- The probe arms will be ligated together only if they match exactly to the template.
- A single nucleotide mismatch will prevent ligation of the probe arms.
2 Amplification & Real-Time detection
- Only ligated probes are amplified.
- Amplified probes are detected in Real-Time through the hybridization of a molecular beacon.
- Probes resulting from the identification of resistance genes are all recognized by the same molecular beacon (yellow curve).
- The DNA control is recognized by a different molecular beacon (blue curve).
Nijhuis R, van Zwet A, Stuart JC, Weijers T, Savelkoul P. Rapid molecular detection of extended-spectrum β-lactamase gene variants with a novel ligation-mediated real-time PCR. J Med Microbiol. 2012 Nov;61(Pt 11):1563-7.
Hanemaaijer NM, Nijhuis RH, Slotboom BJ, Mascini EM, van Zwet AA. New screening method to detect carriage of carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in patients within 24 hours. J Hosp Infect. 2014 May;87(1):47-9.
- Vortex Mixer
- PCR plate spinner
- Real-Time PCR instrument*
- PCR Master Mix*
|14-0040||Check-MDR ESBL kit, 96 reactions|
|14-0041||Check-MDR Carba kit, 96 reactions|